Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2004

Accomplishment

Today, I've finished the user interface implementation of table dependency finder, my new product. I used to develop software development tools. This is one of them. However, the company seems not quite need them.

Here's the pattern:
  • My colleagues always encounter some problems over and over again.
  • There are tools available on the market.
  • The tools are expensive.
  • My colleagues solve them manually.
However, I found that most of the tools can be easily implemented when designed well. This is the role I am being an System Architect here. Designing a piece of small tool is not hard but it is hard to finding someone to implement it. Most of the time, the someone is me. The user, however, is still me. They usually have no confidence on the home-made tools. Why? Maybe it's not user friendly. However, I think the tools are still good for development purpose.

No comments:

Popular Posts